chiadzwa

WHO WE ARE

We defend the rights of communities affected by extractive industries. We have seen how extractive industries expose rural communities to an avalanche of rights violations which include land and water grabbing, water and air pollution and direct violence by a combined force of state and corporate power. Power responds to power. We believe the power of united, informed, organized and active communities will always prevail over injustices, state and corporates power.

Upcoming Events

November

December 2020

January
MO
TU
WE
TH
FR
SA
SU
30
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
1
2
3
Events for December

1st

No Events
Events for December

2nd

No Events
Events for December

3rd

No Events
Events for December

4th

No Events
Events for December

5th

No Events
Events for December

6th

No Events
Events for December

7th

No Events
Events for December

8th

No Events
Events for December

9th

No Events
Events for December

10th

No Events
Events for December

11th

No Events
Events for December

12th

No Events
Events for December

13th

No Events
Events for December

14th

No Events
Events for December

15th

No Events
Events for December

16th

No Events
Events for December

17th

No Events
Events for December

18th

No Events
Events for December

19th

No Events
Events for December

20th

No Events
Events for December

21st

No Events
Events for December

22nd

No Events
Events for December

23rd

No Events
Events for December

24th

No Events
Events for December

25th

No Events
Events for December

26th

No Events
Events for December

27th

No Events
Events for December

28th

No Events
Events for December

29th

No Events
Events for December

30th

No Events
Events for December

31st

No Events

PARTNER WITH US

CNRG relies on the support it gets from foundations and individuals who believe in economic justice. Our hard working team travels throughout the country in the most difficult and challenging circumstances to strengthen the capacities of communities to resist destructive mining.

FEATURED NEWS

Impunity, chaos and poor accountability costs lives in the gold mining sector

Introduction On November 15, artisanal miners were buried alive in mine shafts by a Chinese company which was sub-contracted by a Belarusian mining company at Premier Estates on the outskirts of Mutare.  So far, bodies of only two artisanal miners have been retrieved while an unknown number remains unaccounted for. Although the figures are disputed, […]

Penhalonga gold rush leaves a trail of destruction

. . . as Redwing Mine is turned into an artisanal mining field Introduction An environmental catastrophe is rapidly engulfing the mining town of Penhalonga, in Mutasa District, Manicaland Province. Random open cast mining by scores of syndicates, destruction of fields belonging to local peasant farmers, pollution of Mutare River and invasion of Penhalonga estates […]

Coal mining fuels human wildlife conflict in Hwange

Henry Nyapokoto Hwange is known for coal mining, as well as being a haven for the country’s wildlife. The coal and wildlife rich district of Hwange measures 21,956 sq. km of which 75% of it is under the Hwange National Park and several safaris. Human settlements and mining industries share the remaining 25% of the […]